Judith C. Everett and Kristen K. Swanson share tips for writing for the fashion industry in their publication – Writing for The Fashion Business. Whether you are planning on writing about fashion trends for 2018 or the best Cocobay bikinis, below is their expert advice on the writing process
Writing is all about structured creativity and impactful execution. The structuring entails six steps:
- Planning: which requires consideration of the purpose of the article, target audience, topic, content ideas, and tone.
- Shaping: how to organise the content/material.
- Drafting: writing the first piece as a draft.
- Revising: reviewing the draft for new ideas.
- Editing: making corrections (checking and correcting the spelling, grammar, punctuation, and technicalities).
- Proofreading: Reviewing the final piece for typographical errors.
Planning & Purpose
Every great piece of writing is done with a specific purpose and audience in mind, with the tone determining the style of … Read the rest